Industry and Wealth Workstream
GM AHSN is supporting local innovators, NHS organisations, social care partnerships and academics with its Innovation Nexus service. We offer advice, funding and networking opportunities, delivered through an expert team of advisors working within our delivery partner organisation TRUSTECH.
Click the pathway to be taken to more information.
Our thanks to North East & North Cumbria AHSN for providing the inspiration for this pathway graphic.
The National Picture
As the only bodies that connect industry with NHS and academic organisations, local authorities and the third sector, AHSNs are catalysts that create the right conditions to facilitate change across whole health and social care economies. This means we are uniquely placed to identify and spread health innovation at pace and scale.
We achieve this by:
- Helping industry to understand and engage with the NHS market, and help align their development programmes to ensure they address clinical and market needs
- Providing industry and NHS innovators with bespoke services covering the entire innovation pathway - improving health outcomes and contributing to economic growth
- Supporting NHS organisations to define their priorities, challenges and gaps – helping identify opportunities for innovators
- Helping NHS organisations identify and implement research-based evidence and guidelines
- Empowering frontline health staff to take an active role in creating measurable impact, changing behaviours and spreading their innovations within & outside their organisations
- Working with commissioners to incorporate best practice into contracting
- Brokering local integration of national innovation programmes such as Test Beds, Vanguards and the NHS Innovation Accelerator programme.
AHSNs enable companies to grow and create jobs by helping NHS organisations and industry to engage more productively.
We provide a wide range of services to industry and NHS innovators, covering the entire lifecycle of innovation. For example we:
- Act as a single point of contact, building relationships with companies and helping navigate the complex health system
- Provide advice about issues such as the required evidence base, evaluation methods and gaining access to markets
- Promote the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) Healthcare programme, which provides both seed funding and visibility within the healthcare system
- Signpost businesses to our many local partners and regional and national sources of funding.
By focusing on proven innovations that meet the defined health needs of our local populations, we support our economy and help keep people well and in work. This also generates economic growth through:
- Increasing productivity
- Stimulating inward investment
- Supporting the export of UK products.
The AHSN Network is pleased to endorse the ABHI code of conduct and recommend its adoption by the Medtech Industry.
We've summarised some of our achievements and aims in this short info burst: